Two males are charged following investigation by the Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the cities of Regina and Moose Jaw.
On September 10, 2021, the RDU completed enforcement in Moose Jaw with the assistance of the Regina Crime Reduction Team, Moose Jaw Police Service, and Regina and Moose Jaw SWAT Members. The warrants were executed in the 800 block of 8th Avenue NW, 300 block of Diefenbaker Drive, and one on a vehicle.
As a result of the enforcement, 25 year-old Nikola GALIC of Richmond, BC, and 27 year-old Andrej RANISAVLJEVIC of Burnaby, BC, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following quantities of controlled substances were seized:
- 3311.35 grams of cocaine
- 758.63 grams of methamphetamine
- 20,000 unstamped illicit cigarettes
- Multiple scales, cell phones, packaging and other items to support drug trafficking substances.
As a result of the enforcement, GALIC and RANISAVLJEVIC were jointly charged with the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of sale of unstamped cigarettes – S.121.1(1) CC
- Possession of unstamped tobacco – S. 32(1) Excise Act
GALIC and RANISAVLJEVIC are to make their first court appearances on November 1, 2021.