A 25 year-old Regina male has been arrested and charged in connection with a Break and Enter/Home Invasion in Regina earlier this week.
On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, at approximately 8:30 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 700 block of King Street for a report that three adult females had been tied up, held at gun point and robbed. Police arrived and learned that, about an hour earlier, a suspect entered the apartment, tied up the victims, and pointed what appeared to be a long-barrel rifle at them. The victims were not physically hurt in this incident. Police learned that the suspect took the women’s purses and phones before fleeing. Investigation into this event led to a high-risk vehicle stop, at about 1:30 a.m., on Thursday, October 28th, in the area of Park Street and 12th Avenue East. Initially, three males were taken into custody from the vehicle without further incident. Two were interviewed and released without charge.
Twenty-five year-old Cain Andrew CRAWFORD, of Regina, is charged with the following:
- Break and Enter with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence (Robbery) [348.1 CC];
- 3 X Forcible Confinement [279(2) CC];
- Robbery [344(1)9b) CC];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000. [355(b) CC];
- Breach of Undertaking [145(4)(a) CC];
- 2 x Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Disguise with Intent [351(2) CC].
CRAWFORD appeared on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. today: Friday, October 29, 2021.