A 27 year-old male is charged after a motor vehicle collision in August, which has led to the death of a 48 year-old male.
On August 2, 2021, at approximately 9:50 p.m. a north bound stolen vehicle hit another vehicle at the intersection of Dewdney Ave and Elphinstone St. The driver of the stolen vehicle fled on foot. Police attended to the scene and the two injured occupants of the victim vehicle were taken to hospital, one described as critical condition. The driver of the stolen vehicle was not located.
Police attended to the two injured occupants of the second vehicle. EMS attended and transported them to hospital. The driver of the vehicle, a 48 year-old male, was described to be in critical condition.
Investigation into this incident led to the identity of a 27 year-old Regina male as the suspect driver, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
On November 12, 2021, while arrested by police on matters involving an unrelated call for service, the suspect male was also arrested on this warrant, and charged.
Twenty-seven year-old Jeremy Ryan Lee FAVEL, of Regina, was charged with:
- 2 X Failure to Stop After Accident that results in Bodily Harm [CC 320.16(2)];
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [CC 355(A)];
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [CC 145(5)(A)]; and
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Bodily Harm [CC 320.16(3)].
FAVEL made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, November 15, 2021.
On Sunday, November 21, 2021, police received notification from hospital staff that the 48 year-old male involved in the collision had passed away, believed to have succumbed to injury sustained in the collision.
On November 22, 2021, two additional charges against FAVEL were amended:
- One charge of Failure to Stop After Accident that results in Bodily Harm [CC 320.16(2)];
Failure to Stop After an Accident that Results in Death [CC 320.16(3)]; and
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Bodily Harm [CC 320.16(3)]
Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance Causing Death [CC 320.13(3)].
FAVEL is scheduled to appear on these new charges on Friday, November 26, 2021, at 2:00 p.m.