On November 27, 2021, members of the Regina Police Service were conducting an investigation in the 1000 block of McTavish Street.
At approximately 2038 hours, Harold HANSON, was taken into custody by SWAT members.
Thirty-six- year-old Harold HANSON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Robbery, s. 344(1)(b) of CC;
- Assault with a Weapon, s. 267(a) of CC;
- Extortion, s. 246(1.1) B of CC;
- Kidnapping, s. 279(1) of CC; AND
- Aggravated Assault, s. 268(1) of CC.
In addition to these new charges, Hanson had Warrants for
- Unlawfully at Large, Canada Wide and Discharge Firearm in a Reckless Manner, s. 244.2(1)(b); and
- Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) of CC.
HANSON will make first court appearance on these charges before Provincial Court at 9:30 am, November 29, 2021.
Anyone with information that could help in this investigation is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). The Regina Police Service thanks the public and the media for their assistance in this matter.