On October 18, 2021, at approximately 7:35 p.m., police were dispatched to a robbery in progress on the 3800 block of Rochdale Boulevard. Two males armed with firearms had entered a retail location, threatening staff. The suspects stole cash and merchandise, then left in a vehicle. A loaded firearm was left at the scene, and was recovered.
Later that evening, a vehicle, which matched the description of the vehicle used in the robbery, was located abandoned on the 5500 block of Blake Crescent. Some of the stolen merchandise was located in the vehicle.
Investigation led to two males, who were arrested on November 12, 2021. A firearm matching the description of the one used in the robbery was recovered. The two males were arrested and charged.
Thirty-one year-old Guy Kendrick Lenny FAVEL, and Maynard Dwayne ASSINIBOINE, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Robbery with a Firearm [CC 344(1)(A.1)];
- Disguise with Intent [CC 351(2)];
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)]; and
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm [CC 95(1)].
FAVEL is also charged with: Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01].
ASSINIBOINE is also charged with: Use of Imitation Firearm During Commission of Offence [CC 85(2)(a)].
Both charged made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, November 15, 2021.