An adult male and a youth (male) have been charged following investigation by the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto unit, assisted by Canine and Patrol.
On Monday, November 8, 2021, police located a stolen vehicle that had been reported stolen on October 28th. A male suspect and a male passenger were observed going between one stolen vehicle and another vehicle, which was also confirmed to be a stolen vehicle (reported to police on November 7th). The two males left the area and it is alleged they were involved in a Hit & Run collision in the area of Wascana Parkway and Hillsdale Street. Police later located the stolen vehicle with both suspects, who were arrested without incident. A search of the adult male’s backpack found ammunition, master keys (access to vehicles of a particular make and model), and a can of spray paint. Both males were charged and held for court.
Twenty-two year-old Yvan Shade WORM, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, section 355(b) CC; and
- Breach of Probation, section 733.1(1) CC.
WORM made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. today: Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
The male youth cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. He is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, section 355(b) CC;
- Failure to Remain at the Scene of Collision, section 320.16(1) CC;
- Possession of Master Key, section 353(1)(b) CC;
- Mischief (spray painting of car) under $5,000, section 430(4) CC;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (license plate) under $5,000, section 355(b) CC; and
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Order, section 117.01(1) CC.
The youth made his first court appearance on these charges in Youth Court at 2:00 p.m. today: Tuesday, November 9, 2021.