On November 29, 2021, members of the Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan (CTSS) observed a vehicle registered to a suspended driver, and performed a traffic stop on Badham Boulevard. The male driver exited the vehicle and was identified by police as the subject of existing warrants, and arrested on these warrants. During arrest, a conducted energy weapon (CEW) was recovered. Weapon possession charges were also laid.
Forty-six year-old Steven William MOATE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Weapon [CC 91(2)];
- Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Weapon Knowing its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(2)]; and
- Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)].
MOATE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, November 29, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.