Four adults: two males and two females, are facing numerous charges after a home invasion and robbery, involving a firearm.
On Monday, December 6, 2021, at about 6:16 a.m., police officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of Garnet Street for a weapons offence involving a firearm. Information received in the original call indicated more than one suspect had broken into the house and were assaulting a 26 year-old male. The caller indicated one of the suspects had earlier pointed a firearm at him. During the call, the caller and dispatcher heard what sounded like a shot. Several police units responded and were able to safely clear ten people out of the residence. Further investigation and suspect descriptions determined that there was evidence to support charges against two males and two females; the other people from the residence were released. It did appear there was a bullet hole inside the residence, but fortunately, no one was injured in this incident. A 20 gauge, sawed-off shotgun and ammunition were seized in this investigation.
Twenty-eight year-old Kyle Nicholas WOOD, 24 year-old Shania Renee TATAQUASON, 23 year-old Michelle GOODWILL and 25 year-old Drew Austin GEORGE, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Armed Robbery using a Firearm, section 344(1)(a.1) CC;
- Break, Enter and Commit Robbery, section 348(1)(b) CC; and
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, section 91(1) CC.
In addition, Drew Austin GEORGE is charged with:
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon with Ammunition, section 95(1)(b) CC; and
- Discharge Firearm with Intent (to endanger life), section 244.1(A) CC.
Also, Kyle Nicholas WOOD is facing the additional charges of:
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon with Ammunition, section 95(1)(b) CC;
- Breach of Probation, section 733.191) CC; and
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to order, section 117.01(1) CC.
All four accused persons made their initial appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 7, 2021.