A male and a female are charged following investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit (SGU) in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the city of Regina.
On January 29, 2022, the SGU completed enforcement in Regina with the assistance of uniformed Patrol members. The CDSA warrant was executed in the 600 block of Garnet Street.
As a result of the enforcement, 56 year-old Lawrence NESKAR of Regina, SK, and 37 year-old Sherlyne PELLETIER of Regina, SK, were arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following quantities of controlled substances were seized:
- 40 grams of methamphetamine
- 68.23 grams of fentanyl
- Multiple scales and cell phones to support drug trafficking
The following weapons and prohibited devices were also seized:
- One SKS rifle
- One loaded sawed off .22 calibre rifle
- Two Conducted Energy Weapons; commonly known as Tasers
As a result of the enforcement, NESKAR and PELLETIER were jointly charged with the following: ·
- 2X Careless use of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition – [86(1) CC]
- 2X Possession of a weapon – [88 CC]
- 5X Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order – [117.01(1) CC]
- 2X Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon – [91(2)]
- 2X Possession of a prohibited device [88 CC] · 2X Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized – [92(1) CC]
- Possession of a loaded firearm – [95(1) CC]
- 2X Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking –[Sec 5(2) CDSA]
In addition, NESKAR is charged with: ·
- Fail to comply with condition of a release order – [145(5)(A) CC]
NESKAR and PELLETIER are to make their first court appearances on January 31, 2022.