Good communication and persistent investigation by the Regina Police Service patrol members, a Canine team, and the RPS Property Crimes section led to charges against a Regina male in connection with four recent compound Break & Enters.
On Sunday, January 16, 2022, at about 4:06 a.m. police officers on patrol observed a black Chevrolet S10 truck exceeding the speed limit and driving on the wrong side of the road. The truck was followed to a parking lot in the 3400 block of Big Bear Boulevard, where it got stuck in snow. A male was seen running from the vehicle. He was arrested a short time later with the assistance of a Caine team. He was identified as an individual wanted on a warrant and placed under arrest. Further investigation indicated a similar Chev S10 truck, was suspected of having been used in four separate compound Break & Enters, in Regina, in recent days. A brief description of these events is as follows:
- January 13, 2022, 10:18 p.m. – Break, Enter & Theft at 600 block Adams Street. A suspect breaks the lock on a fence and enters compound. Suspect is believed to use vehicle to remove several items.
- January 14, 2022, 12:05 a.m. – Break, Enter & Theft at 400 block Winnipeg Street. Suspect cuts lock on gate to compound. An ATV ($6,000) and a trailer ($3,000) are stolen from the compound.
- January 15, 2022, 2:47 a.m. – Break, Enter & Theft at 100 block Henderson Drive. Suspect breaks lock off compound gate. A heater, valued at $7,000, is stolen.
- January 15, 2022, 3:00 a.m. – Break, Enter & Theft. An enclosed trailer, valued at $6,000, is stolen from a compound at 1100 block Weaver Street. The trailer is located, abandoned, about six hours later.
Further investigation confirmed evidence to support several charges.
Thirty year-old Clinton Joseph DUROCHER, of Regina, is charged with:
- Dangerous Driving, s. 320.13(1) CC;
- 4 X Break, Enter and Commit Theft, s. 348(1)(b) CC; and
- Breach of conditions of a release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
DUROCHER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, January 17, 2022.