A 25 year-old male is facing numerous firearms-related charges and drug charges after a police investigation.
On Thursday, January 6, 2022, at about 3:44 a.m., police approached a vehicle on the 1000 block of Rae Street, that was parked and running with two occupants inside. In the initial communication with police, two young adult males gave their names. Officers found the driver was wanted on a Traffic Safety Act warrant. The other male was suspected of giving police a false name. His identity was later confirmed; it was a name other than that which he’d given police. This second male also appeared to be trying to conceal something in his mouth, which officers suspected to be drugs. The male refused to spit out the object, swallowing it instead. He was arrested and officers located a sawed-off, loaded .22 calibre rifle, as well as baggies containing substances believed to be narcotics. The driver was taken to police detention; the passenger (who had swallowed a baggie) was taken to hospital. After he was medically cleared, this male was charged.
Twenty-five year-old Lyndon James DELORME, of the Punnichy District, is charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition in a motor vehicle, s. 94(1)(a)(ii);
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- 2 x Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to order, s. 117.01(1);
- Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to public peace, s. 88 CC;
- Carrying a concealed weapon, s. 90 CC;
- Store firearm contrary to regulations, s. 86(2) CC;
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Breach of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Obstruct peace officer, 129(a) CC;
- Possession of a scheduled substance (fentanyl), s. 4(1) CDSA; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine), s. 4(1) CDSA.
DELORME made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 6, 2022.