An 18 year-old male has been charged with assault with a weapon, and a 34 year-old male and is facing several firearms charges after an incident reported to police yesterday morning.
Police were dispatched at about 6:55 a.m. on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, for a report that a male had pointed a firearm at a female, who was seated in a parked vehicle. The victim, a 17 year-old female, was not physically hurt in this incident. Police gathered more information and learned there were allegedly two males involved in this incident. Investigation indicated the males had approached a parked vehicle in east Regina and allegedly pointed firearms at the female in the passenger seat. The driver of the vehicle and the passenger were able to escape by driving away. Investigation led to identification of the two suspects and further investigation led to their arrest, from a house in the 1200 block of King Street. Ammunition and a handgun were seized as evidence.
Thirty-four year-old Dexter Leigh Blaine TRAFIAK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Breach of probation order, s. 733-1(1) CC;
- Breach of condition of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
- Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to public peace, s. 88 CC;
- Pointing a firearm, s. 87(1) CC;
- Careless use of a firearm, s. 86(1) CC; and
- Use of a firearm in the commission of an indictable offence, s. 85(1)(a) CC.
Eighteen year-old Asia Kado BENSON, of Regina, is charged with Assault with a weapon, section 267(a) of the Criminal Code.
Both BENSON and TRAFIAK made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.