A 43 year-old Regina male is facing a total of nine charges as the result of a weekend arrest by the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto Unit, assisted by K9 and Patrol.
On Saturday, February 12, 2022, at about 12:30 a.m., investigators from the RPS Stolen Auto Unit located a 2006 black Ford F-150 truck that matched the description of a truck stolen on December 27, 2021. The license plate on the vehicle came back to a 2020 vehicle, indicating the plate was stolen. The lone male occupant of the vehicle took several alleys, avoiding main roads as if to escape detection. The vehicle was eventually stopped in the area of 1st Avenue North and York Street. A male exited the vehicle and was successfully tracked by a canine team and arrested for possession of stolen property. Further investigation showed the truck was used in two break and enters from early January. During a search of the vehicle, an additional stolen license plate was found. The driver is facing nine charges.
Forty-three year-old Michael Joseph ZWACK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Attempt Break & Enter, s. 348(1)(a) CC;
- Theft under $5,000 (lock box & key fob), s. 334(b) CC;
- Break & Enter, s. 348(1)(b) CC;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (truck), s. 355(b) CC;
- 2 X Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (license plates), s. 355(b) CC;
- 2 X Breach of probation, s. 733.1(1) CC; and
- Operation of a conveyance while prohibited, s. 320.18(1)(a) CC.
ZWACK made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. (today) Monday, February 14, 2022.