A second Regina male is facing numerous weapons-related charges in relation to a 10 month, integrated investigation into the trafficking of firearms and drugs. (Charges were announced against a 26 year-old Regina male on February 4, 2022.)
On February 17, 2022, The Regina Crime Reduction Team* (CRT) conducted an investigation to related firearms and drug trafficking. This was a multi-jurisdictional investigation that partnered with the Calgary Police Service and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
On February 17, 2022, police arrested and charged 31 year-old Aldrin John Manalaysay PASCUA of Regina. He is facing the following charges:
- Weapons Trafficking. Sec. 99 CC;
- Possession for the Purpose of Weapons Trafficking, sec. 100 CC;
- Two (2) counts of Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, sec. 95(1)(B);
- Two (2) counts of Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, sec. Sec 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime, sec. 96(1) CC;
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized, sec. 92(1) CC
PASCUA made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 am on Friday, February 17, 2022.
*Regina Police Service Crime Reduction Team – Conducts law enforcement and intelligence based activities with the objective of enhancing community safety, and suppressing the activity of criminal groups that threaten community safety.