A 32 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges as the result of a recent search warrant executed on a Regina property this past weekend.
This enforcement operation was the result of months of investigation into drug trafficking and possession of stolen property in Regina. Through investigation, police identified a suspect and gathered the evidence needed to obtain a search warrant on a rented garage in the 2700 block of Atkinson Street, plus the suspect’s vehicle. On Sunday, March 27, 2022, the suspect was safely arrested for driving while prohibited, and the search of the garage yielded three firearms, ammunition, an air gun pistol, a stolen motorcycle, various pieces of identification (not belonging to the suspect, drugs, and various items commonly used in drug trafficking. The male was subsequently charged.
Thirty-two year-old Kirk Carmichael SZAKACS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm (sawed off shotgun) Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm (.243 rifle) Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm (.22 rifle) Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm (BB pistol) Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Store Firearm contrary to regulations, s. 86(2) CC;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
- Operator of a Conveyance While Prohibited, s. 320.18(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime, s. 355(b) CC; and
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC.
SZAKACS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday morning, March 28, 2022.