As the result of ongoing investigation into incidents of mischief/graffiti, a 46 year-old Regina male has been arrested and charged.
A review of recent graffiti incidents in Regina indicated similarities – words, phrases, style of printing/writing – that pointed to the likelihood of single perpetrator. These incidents occurred between November 5, 2021, and March 1, 2022, in the following locations:
- 1900 block Rose Street – Parkade,
- 2400 block Victoria Avenue – Court House on two separate occasions,
- 400 block College Avenue – Building,
- 2000 block Broad Street – Business,
- 2400 block Broad Street – Business,
- 400 block N. Albert Street – Business.
Through investigation, police identified a potential suspect, who was located and arrested on March 2, 2022. Further investigation led to seven new charges of mischief, plus charges for breaching conditions of his release.
Forty-six year-old Anthony John BARRY, of Regina, is charged with:
- 7 X Mischief under $5,000, s. 430(4) CC; and
- 5 X Fail to comply with conditions of a release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
BARRY made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 3, 2022.