Seven recent cases involving damage to property, including broken windows and graffiti, have been concluded with charges against a 46 year-old Regina male.
The majority of these cases occurred between March 25-28, 2022; however, a case from February, 2022, was linked through investigation into the more recent incidents. Here is a brief summary of these incident dates and locations:
- 18th – 1400 block Broadway Avenue – graffiti;
- March 22nd – 400 block North Albert Street – broken windows and graffiti;
- March 25th-28th – 2400 block Victoria Avenue – various graffiti;
- March 27th-28th – 4800 block Gordon Road – two businesses defaced with graffiti;
- March 27th-28th – 1900 block McIntyre Street – graffiti;
- March 28th – 1400 block Broad Street – broken windows and graffiti.
The suspect in these incidents was located and arrested just after 8:30 a.m. on Thursday March 31, 2022.
Forty-six year-old Anthony John BARRY, of Regina, is charged with:
- Seven (7) charges of Mischief under $5,000, s. 430(4) CC; and
- Seven (7) charges of Fail to Comply with Conditions, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
BARRY made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. (today) Thursday, March 31, 2022.