On Saturday, March 12, 2022, at approximately 3:40am police observed a suspicious vehicle that matched a vehicle that had been reported stolen on February 16, 2022. Police attempted to perform a traffic stop but the vehicle fled at a high rate of speed. The driver of the vehicle continued to drive in a dangerous manner, striking a parked car and an unmarked police vehicle in the process. Police were eventually able to successfully deploy tire deflations device near Mikkelson Drive and McCarthy Boulevard. A short time later, the driver abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot, but was arrested by police. A female passenger was also arrested but after further investigation was released without charges. The vehicle was confirmed to be stolen.
As a result, 35 year old Daniel Thomas Ward of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355 (b)]
- Resist Arrest [129(a)]
- Flight from Peace Officer [320.17]
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public [320.12(1)]
- Assault a Peace Officer with a Weapon [270.01(1)(a)]
- Fail to comply with Condition of Release Order [145(5)(a)]
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order X 2 [117.01(1)]
- Failure to Stop After Accident [320.16(1)].
Ward is scheduled to appear in Provincial Court on March 14, 2022 at 9:30a.m.