A 28 year-old female, who was the subject of a Saskatchewan-wide warrant in connection with a Kidnapping/Forcible Confinement/Robbery case, has been arrested.
Deanna Marilyn McKAY was wanted in connection with an incident on March 5th, in which two adult females were kidnapped, held against their wills and robbed of their belongings. As the result of continued investigation, Deanna McKAY was taken into custody without incident on March 23rd.
The original charges against Deanna McKAY from the March 5th incident are:
- Two (2) charges of Kidnapping, section 279(1)(a) CC;
- Two (2) charges of Forcible Confinement, section 279(2);
- Aggravated Assault, section 268(1) CC; and
- Two (2) charges of Armed Robbery, section 344(1)(a) CC.
Further investigation into the Kidnapping/Forcible Confinement/Robbery, as well as two incidents of motor vehicle theft, led to additional charges against Deanna McKAY. They are:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order, section 117.01(1) CC;
- Discharge Firearm with Intent, section 244(b) CC;
- Breach of Probation, section 733.1(1) CC; and
- Two (2) charges of Theft of Auto, section 333.1(1) CC (in connection with two thefts of motor vehicles in Regina: on March 1st and March 5th).
The accused will be in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. Friday, March 25, 2022.