On Thursday, April 28, 2022, the Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU), with the assistance of the Street Gang Unit (SGU) and tactical support, completed an investigation and enforcement action, in relation to drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
A CDSA search warrant was executed on a residence in the 3600 block of Anson Street in Regina. As a result of the enforcement, 23 year-old Mahdi Hussein ELMI of Toronto, Ontario was arrested and charged in relation to the investigation.
During the execution of the search warrant the following was seized:
- Approximately 290 grams of cocaine;
- $8,000 in Canadian Currency; and
- Digital scales, packaging and other items to support cocaine trafficking.
At the conclusion of the enforcement, ELMI was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA; and
- Proceeds Over $5000 – S.355(a) CC.
ELMI was released from custody with conditions and a court date of June 16, 2022.