On April 17, 2022 at 7:49 a.m. members of both the Regina Police Service and the Regina Fire Department responded to a report of a male starting a dwelling on fire in the 800 block of Rae Street. Police arrived in the area, observed a dwelling on fire and located a 43 year old male who was arrested for Arson. Through investigation, police learned a female had also been in the dwelling at the time the fire was started and had been the victim of several assaults. The female victim had exited the dwelling prior to police arrival.
43 year old Dalas Peters was arrested and charged with the following:
- Arson with Disregard for Human Life [433(a) CC]
- Assault with a weapon [267(a) CC]
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm by Choking [267(c) CC]
- Assault [266 CC]
- Possession of an Identity Document [56.1(1) CC]
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order [145(5)(a) CC]
Peters made his first court appearance in Provincial Court on April 18, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.