The Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit conducted enforcement late last week in connection with a two-month investigation into drug trafficking and possession of firearms.
On Friday, April 29, 2022 the Street Gang Unit (SGU) with the help of Regina Drug Unit (RDU), Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) and Canine, located their primary suspect in a vehicle. This individual was believed to have a loaded firearm with him at all times. The suspect vehicle was followed to a point east of Regina, near Balgonie, where a Tire Deflation Device (spike belt) was successfully deployed. The driver attempted to continue to drive on the vehicle rims, but had to come to a stop. SWAT and Canine members conducted a high risk vehicle stop and successfully took five individuals out of the vehicle without further incident. A search of the vehicle yielded: a .223 assault rifle, an over-capacity .223 magazine, non-functioning CEW (Conducted Energy Weapon), approximately 8 grams of fentanyl, approximately 2.5 grams of methamphetamine, cellular devices and a hard drive, cutting agent, and a folding knife. An additional 54 grams of fentanyl were found on one of the individuals arrested.
The following persons were arrested and charged: 26 year-old Kayla Ann Maurie BEDORE, 28 year-old Jordan HARKNESS-BROWN, 24 year-old Krystal Rose McCARTHY and 22 year-old Brooklynn SAINT, all of Regina, as well as 30 year-old Scott BOBBETT of Calgary Alberta. All five persons are jointly charged with:
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88, cc;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon, s. 91(2) CC;
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking, s. 5(2) CDSA; and
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle, s. 94(1) CC.
The following accused are also individually charged with the following:
– Brooklynn SAINT – Flight from Peace Officer, s. 320.17 CC; and Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
– Scott BOBBETT – 2 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) CC.
– Jordan HARKNESS-BROWN – 2 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) CC.; and 2 X Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited, s. 320.18(1)(a) CC.
The five accused all made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, May 2, 2022.