Three adults: a male and two females, have been charged in connection with weapons offences. The adult male is also facing drug-related charges. These charges are all in relation to an investigation on Sunday night.
On May 8, 2022, at approximately 11:30 p.m., a canine officer or pro-active patrol conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 900 block of Albert Street. The officer observed open alcohol inside the vehicle within reach of the front seat and back seat passengers. The male passenger in the front seat was confirmed to be wanted on warrants. While seizing the alcohol, police found bear spray and quantities of substances identified as methamphetamine and fentanyl. Further search of the vehicle yielded items associated to drug trafficking (baggies, digital scale) and a sawed-off rifle. Subsequent investigation led to charges.
The individuals arrested were 32 year-old Dustin Martin Lyle MORIN, 32 year-old Nikki Lee SIEBERT, and 24 year-old Justice Rae-Lyn MORIN, all of Regina. All three are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm (sawed-off rifle) Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations, s. 86(2) CC; and
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle, s. 94(1)(a)(ii) CC.
In addition to the joint charges, Justice Rae-Lyn MORIN is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon (brass knuckles) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC.
In addition to the joint charges, Dustin Martin Lyle MORIN is charged with:
- 4 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5) (a) CC;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (fentanyl) for the Purpose of Trafficking, 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of Automobile Master Key, s. 353(1)(b) CC.
All three accused persons made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, May 9, 2022.