On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at approximately 9:15 a.m., members of the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto Unit located a white 2021 Ford F150 that matched the description of a vehicle involved in incidents with police over the last several days.
Stolen Auto members approached the parked vehicle and identified a 31 year-old male in the driver’s seat. The male was arrested without incident.
Investigation revealed that the vehicle had been recently stolen out of Craik Sk. on April 23, 2022.
A search of the vehicle was completed where 2 firearms, $100.00 counterfeit bills and stolen ID were located.
Thirty-one year-old Michael ABEL, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of Counterfeit Currency [CC 450(b)];
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm [CC 95(1)];
- 3 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order X3 [CC 117.10(1)];
- Careless use of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- 2 X Unauthorized possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- 2 X Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90]; and
- Possession of an Identity Document [CC 56.1(1)].
ABEL made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, May 6, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.