Regina Police Service members made an arrest in the early morning hours of Friday, May 13th, during which they recovered a stolen vehicle as well as a rifle with ammunition.
This investigation began when police were dispatched to an “assist citizen” call at approximately 3:38 a.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022. Officers made their way to the given location: North Pasqua Street and Pasqua Gate. They found a black, Mazda 3, hung up on the grass median, still running, with a male who appeared to be unconscious behind the wheel. A query of the vehicle showed it had been stolen in Regina on May 11th. Officers were able to get the male safely out of the vehicle, advising him he was under arrest. Officers discovered a long rifle tucked between the driver’s seat and driver’s door. It had three hunting rounds in the clip/magazine. When the male was searched incident to his arrest, a wallet belonging to the vehicle owner was found. Police also found that the male was wanted on several outstanding warrants.
In addition to the warrants, 34 year-old Bryan Joseph McNABB, of Regina, is facing charges of:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 (vehicle), s. 355(b) CC;
- Theft of Motor Vehicle under $5,000, s. 334(b) CC;
- Careless Use of a Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in a Motor Vehicle, s. 94(1) CC; and
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC.
McNABB made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. today: Friday, May 13, 2022.