Four adults: two males and two females are facing charges as the result of an investigation into a stolen vehicle this past weekend.
On the morning of May 7, 2022, a Regina resident called police to report his 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix had been stolen sometime the night before. The caller was able to provide additional information, including his license plate number. On Sunday May 8, 2022, at about 12:15 a.m., police were able to spot the stolen vehicle in the area of 6th Avenue North and Albert Street. Police were able to observe the vehicle being parked in the 400 block of Forget Street; they challenged the four occupants of the vehicle, advising them they were under arrest for possession of a stolen vehicle. Officers were made aware of a bag that had been thrown from the car over a fence; it contained a sawed-off .22 calibre rifle. A second sawed-off .22 was found in the vehicle, in the pocket of the driver’s door. Other items found in search of the scene, vehicle, and suspects included bear spray, and a wallet containing identification that had been altered to show a photo of one of the suspects in custody, but with different names. Further investigation led to charges of Auto Theft against one suspect: one for the Grand Prix and another in connection with the theft of a 2004 Olds Alero on May 3, 2022.
The individuals arrested and charged are: 27 year-old Austin Dylan Cole MORIN, 25 year-old Marlon Roland WHITEHAWK, 31 year-old Mercedes Ashton Andrea KITZ, and 28 year-old Tayler Joy WILLIAMSON, all of Regina. All four accused are all jointly charged with Possession of Property (vehicle) Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC.
In addition to the joint charge above, 27 year-old Austin Dylan Cole MORIN is charged with:
– Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
– Careless Use of a Firearm (sawed-off .22 rifle), s. 86(1) CC;
– 2 X Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
– Carry Concealed Weapon, s. 90 CC;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle, s. 94(1) CC;
– Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Tampered With, s. 108(1)(b) CC;
– 2 X Identity Fraud, s. 403(1)(a) CC.
In addition to the joint charge above, 31 year-old Mercedes Ashton Andrea KITZ is charged with:
– Carrying Concealed Weapon, s. 90 CC; and
– Possession of a Weapon (knife, bear spray) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC.
In addition to the joint charge above, 28 year-old Tayler Joy WILLIAMSON is charged with:
– 2 X Theft of Auto, s. 333.1(1) CC;
– Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC; and
– Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC.
All four accused made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, Monday, May 9, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.