Let’s celebrate Canada Day safely! On July 1, 2022, many events have been scheduled throughout Regina followed by the fireworks display after sunset. Visit https://www.reginacanadaday.ca/ for details.
Prior to the start of the fireworks, be advised that there will be a road closure and additional traffic enforcement surrounding the Wascana Park area. Starting at 9:00 p.m., Albert Street between College Avenue and Regina Avenue will be closed. Regina Police reminds drivers to not park illegally or stop vehicles on the road to watch the fireworks, with emphasis on the Highway 1 bypass between Assiniboine Avenue and Wascana Parkway, as well as on Broad Street between College Avenue and Lakeshore Drive.
Some other reminders to keep the day’s celebrations safe and fun:
- Anticipate higher amounts of traffic and pedestrians around Wascana Park. Leave early, plan your route accordingly, and be patient and courteous towards other drivers and folks walking to the events;
- Park legally and in designated parking spots. Lock your doors and remove valuables;
- No smoking in public areas;
- Respect the park grounds and area by using use trash cans and only consuming alcohol in the designated beer garden;
- Keep little ones nearby and within eye sight, and consider a plan in case of lost children.
We also would like to remind motorists that a Saskatchewan Roughriders game is also scheduled for Saturday, July 2, 2022, and game day traffic restrictions can be found here: https://reginapolice.ca/resources/traffic-vehicle/saskatchewan-roughriders-game-day-traffic-closures/. Fans are encouraged to use free transit to the game (https://www.riderville.com/ridertransit).
Happy Canada Day!