A 39 year-old Regina male is facing firearms-related charges after an incident and investigation last night (Thursday).
Police were dispatched at about 7:23 p.m. on Thursday, June 9, 2022, to the 1000 block of McDonald Street for a report of a weapons offence involving a firearm. The complainant indicated he was driving in the area and another driver pointed a firearm out the vehicle window at him. It appears this occurred after one driver took offense at the other driver’s driving actions. The victim gave police a description of the vehicle and suspect driver. Police located the vehicle a short time later and initiated a traffic stop. A male and female were arrested from the vehicle without incident. The female was wanted on unrelated, outstanding warrants; she was released with a future court date. The male was charged with several weapon-related offences. The firearm was seized; it was an air gun.
Thirty-nine year-old Steven Wayne BEST, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 90 CC;
- Pointing a Firearm, s. 87 CC;
- Assault With a Weapon, s. 267(a) CC;
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC.
BEST was released on an undertaking to appear in Provincial Court on July 26, 2022.