A 22 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges, including several firearm-related charges after an investigation by the Regina Police Service Property Crimes Unit and Stolen Auto Unit.
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022, just after 8:00 a.m., members of the RPS Property Crimes Unit and Stolen Auto Unit came across a vehicle that had been reported stolen, from downtown Regina, on June 12th at about 12:20 a.m. The stolen vehicle: a Chev Silverado truck was found parked in a business parking lot in east Regina. The officer observed a male and two females get into the truck and drive to a few other locations before stopping in the 1400 block of Garnet Street. The male driver, who by then had been identified as a person wanted on several outstanding warrants, walked away from the truck and into a lane. He was challenged by a police officer and tried to flee on foot, but was taken into custody after a short foot pursuit. The male was seen throwing two backpacks. These were later searched and a sawed-off .22-calibre rifle was found. The male was placed under arrest and further investigation led to several charges.
Twenty-two year-old Dana Jordan WALLACE, of Regina, is charged with:
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000., s. 355(b) CC;
– Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
– 4 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With, s. 108(1)(b) CC;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle, 94(1) CC;
– Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations, s. 86(2) CC;
– Possession of a Prohibited Restricted Weapon with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC; and
– Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited, s. 320.18(1)(a) CC.
WALLACE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 16, 2022 (today).