As the result of ongoing enforcement and investigations into drug trafficking in the city of Regina, charges have been laid against two Regina males in connection with alleged trafficking in fentanyl and cocaine. This three-month investigation was carried out by members of the Regina Crime Reduction Team*, or CRT.
In the process of this complex investigation, CRT members obtained evidence to seek search warrants for a vehicle and a residence on E. Haughton Road. On June 18, 2022, two adult males were arrested in connection to this case, and the search warrants were executed. The search of the residence yielded:
– Over 14-thousand dollars in Canadian currency,
– Almost 40-grams of fentanyl,
– A quantity of cocaine, and
– Other items indicative of drug trafficking activity.
The accused are 26 year-old Lazarus TENY and 29 year-old Daniel Drie ATEM, both of Regina. Both are charged with:
– Possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking, s. 5(2) CDSA;
– Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking, s. 5(2) CDSA; and
– Possession of the proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC.
Both TENY and ATEM made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, June 20, 2022 (today).
*Regina Crime Reduction Team – Conducts law enforcement and intelligence based activities with the objective of enhancing community safety, and suppressing the activity of criminal groups that threaten community safety.