A 21 year-old male is facing criminal charges after an incident on Friday, July 1, 2022 that sent a 19 year-old male to hospital with injuries.
On Friday, July 1, 2022 at about 8:40 p.m., police responded to the 1100 block of Robinson Street for a report of a male who had been struck with a machete. Police arrived and located the victim: a 19 year-old male who had serious injuries. The victim was taken to the hospital by EMS.
On Sunday, July 3, 2022, police located and arrested a 21 year-old male in relation to this incident. At the time of his arrest, he was in possession and had access to an improvised loaded “zip gun”.
Twenty-one year-old Alijah PELLETIER, of Regina is charged with:
- Aggravated Assault [CC 268(1)]
- Breach of Probation [CC 733.1(1)]
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(1)]
- Possession of Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)]
- Possession of Firearm Contrary to Order x 4 [CC 117.01(1)]
PELLETIER will appear in Regina Provincial Court on these charges on July 4, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.