On Wednesday, July 20, 2022 the Regina Police Crime Reduction Team* with the assistance of the Street Crimes Unit and Tactical Support, completed an investigation with enforcement action in relation to a drug-trafficking investigation within the City of Regina.
A CDSA search warrant was executed on a residence in the 4500 block of England Road in Regina. As a result of the enforcement, 43 year-old Larry James Olson of Regina was arrested and charged in relation to the investigation.
During the execution of the search the following items were seized:
- $4820.25 Canadian Currency
- 65 grams of Fentanyl
- 82 grams of Methamphetamine
- 3 gram of crack cocaine
- Firearm ammunition
At the conclusion of the enforcement, Olson was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – Section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – Section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – Section 5(2) CDSA
- Breach of Firearms Prohibition – Section 117.01(1) CC
- Breach of Recognizance – Section 145(5)(b) CC
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime – Section 355(b) CC
Olson made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, July 21, 2022.
*Regina Police Service Crime Reduction Team conducts law enforcement and intelligence based activities with the objective of enhancing community safety, and suppressing the activity of criminal groups that threaten community safety. The team receives funding for resources and operations from the Government of Saskatchewan through the Ministry of Corrections, Public Safety and Policing.