On July 27, 2022, the Regina Drug Unit (RDU) completed enforcement in relation to a drug trafficking investigation in Regina. A vehicle stop was completed in the east end of Regina where the passenger, a 40 year-old Regina female, was arrested. Incident to arrest the following items were seized:
- 1480 grams of methamphetamine
- Scales, packaging, and other evidence of drug trafficking
After the arrest, a CDSA search warrant was executed in the east end of Regina where a small amount of fentanyl and additional items of evidence to support drug trafficking were located.
RDU continued the investigation into the matter resulting in police seizing the following additional items:
- 4930 grams of methamphetamine
- $8500.00 in currency
- 25 grams of cocaine
At the conclusion of the investigation, 40 year-old Crystal FORD, of Regina, was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine S.5(2)CDSA;
- Possession of fentnayl S.4(1) CDSA;
- Possession of MDMA S. 4(1) CDSA; and
- Proceeds of crime under $5000 S.355(b) CC.
The matter is now before the courts as Crystal Ford made her first court appearance on July 28, 2022.