Between June 23, 2022 and July 7, 2022 the Regina Police Service conducted enforcement on multiple people and addresses in the City of Regina, including the Rock Machine outlaw motorcycle gang clubhouse. The enforcement was lead by the RPS Gang Unit and supported by numerous other Criminal Investigative Units within the Regina Police Service, with assistance from the RCMP.
Nine search warrants were executed under the authority of the Criminal Code, including search warrants authorized under the Federal Drug Control Statute, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
As a result, multiple criminal charges have been laid against six subjects, among them:
- 30 year-old Ian Bruce SIMPSON of Regina;
- 35 year-old Kelly Ryan POWELL of Regina; and
- 31 year-old Darwin MOGENSON of Regina.
SIMPSON and POWELL are also each facing a charge under section 467.12 (1) of the Criminal Code in that every person who commits an indictable offence under this or any other Act of Parliament for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with, a criminal organization is guilty of an indictable offence.
Firearms, drugs, vehicles and other earnings of criminal activity where seized as part of the investigation including:
- $12,700 cash;
- 7 Firearms and ammunition;
- 320 grams of cocaine;
- 19 grams of methamphetamine;
- 6 motorcycles, 5 vehicles and 1 heavy equipment skid steer loader;
- multiple cellular devices; and
- evidence supporting vehicle thefts and fraudulent re-vinning processes.
POWELL, MOGENSON and SIMPSON are members of the Rock Machine outlaw motorcycle gang. All three have made their first appearance on the charges in Regina Provincial Court.