An adult male is facing a total of ten charges as the result of a traffic stop in Regina yesterday (Monday) morning.
On Monday, July 4, 2022, at approximately 5:09 a.m., a Canine Unit officer (in his vehicle) observed a suspicious vehicle parked in an alley in the 1100 block of Angus Street. The officer drove nearer and activated emergency equipment but the suspect truck sped away. A second vehicle, also parked in the alley, had two occupants. Believing the second vehicle may be associated to the first, police approached to talk to the driver. There was open liquor in the car and, when police had the driver step out of the vehicle, a loaded.22 calibre handgun was found just in front of the driver’s seat. The driver of the vehicle was arrested and subsequently charged; the passenger was released without charges.
Twenty-seven year-old Daniel Dennis James LAROSE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(a) CC;
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm Obtained by Crime, 96(1) CC;
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Fail to Comply with Release Order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Carrying Concealed Weapon (brass knuckles), s. 90 CC;
- Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession in Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle, s. 94(1) CC; and
- Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations, s. 86(2) CC.
LAROSE made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, July 4, 2022.