On the evening of Sunday, July 24, 2022, police were dispatched to the 1300 block of Queen Street for the report of gunshots heard in the area. Police arrived and learned that those suspected in the incident had fled in a vehicle. While in the area police observed a suspicious vehicle, previously reported as stolen, parking in the area of Pasqua Street and Wascana Street. The driver of the vehicle, a 50 year-old male, was placed under arrested at approximately 8:00 p.m. Two passengers, a 51 year-old male and a 30 year-old male, were also identified and charged. A search of the stolen vehicle yielded items which included a loaded rifle.
Fifty-one year-old Brian LANDMAN, fifty year-old Rodger KING, and thirty year-old Dysan D’Shaun MILLER, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon [CC 88];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Careless Storage of Firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm In a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)].
KING and MILLER are jointly charged with:
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)].
LANDMAN is also charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm [CC 91(1)]; and
- Possession of Break-In Instruments [CC 351(1)].
KING is also charged with:
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)]; and
- Failure to Comply with Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)].
MILLER is also charged with:
- 2 X Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)].
The accused made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning, July 25, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.