A 24 year-old male, arrested this morning on warrants, will go to court tomorrow (Wednesday) charged in connection with four different incidents. The male’s arrest took place on the premises of a business in east Regina, which was evacuated because there was a possibility the male had a weapon. Canine and Patrol were instrumental in making the arrest without incident (no injuries, no dog bite).
With this morning’s arrest and the execution of outstanding warrants, the male is charged in connection with the following incidents:
- January 4, 2022 – Armed robbery in the 2100 block Heseltine Road. An adult male victim was confronted and shot in the leg.
- June 6, 2022 – Robbery in the 1100 block Wascana Street. Female victim was robbed of her vehicle; male suspect showed a gun.
- June 7, 2022 – Suspicious vehicle call led to possession of stolen auto charges.
- June 7, 2022 – Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle in the area of 1100 block Angus Street.
Twenty-four year-old Andrew Christopher STONECHILD, of Regina, is charged with:
- Armed Robbery Using a Firearm, s. 344(1)(a.1) CC;
- Aggravated Assault, s. 268(1) CC;
- Wearing a Disguise with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence, s. 351(2) Cc;
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Robbery, s. 344(1)(b) CC;
- Use of Imitation Firearm in Commission of Indictable Offence, s. 85(2)(a) CC
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
- Flight from Peace Officer, s. 320.17 CC;
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public, s. 320.13(1) CC.
STONECHILD will make his first court appearance on these charges in provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 6, 2022.