A 20 year-old male is facing a long list of criminal charges after being apprehended in a stolen vehicle earlier this week, by members of the Regina Police Service Stolen Auto Unit. The complex investigation arising out of this arrest, involves nine separate incidents.
The suspect was arrested on Hawthorne Crescent on Monday, August 15, 2022, just after 9:15 a.m.. Police were called to the area for what was reported as a possible sick or injured person. The lone male occupant of the vehicle was passed out in the driver’s seat. The male had credit cards and a bank card bearing the name of another person. The vehicle, a Toyota Rav4, had been reported stolen a day earlier, from Milestone Saskatchewan. Police were already familiar with the vehicle, having seen it in surveillance video from a gas theft, and an incident of evading police on August 14th. Further investigation showed the driver (in custody) to be on community supervision orders out of Saskatoon and White Butte with conditions. Still more investigation linked the same male to possession of another stolen vehicle: a Hyundai Santa Fe. This vehicle was involved in a Hit & Run collision on August 12th, at Angus Street and Dewdney Avenue. The Santa Fe was recovered near Swift Current on August 13th. More work by the Stolen Auto and the Forensic Identification Units linked the same suspect to three other stolen vehicles: a black GMC Sierra truck, a Ford F350, and a Saturn Ion, stolen between July 26th and August 6th. The male now faces numerous charges.
Twenty year-old Ralph Alvin Joseph KESHANE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Theft of motor vehicle (Rav4), s. 333.1(1) CC;
- Possession of property (Rav4) obtained by crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Fail to comply with conditions of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (bank/credit cards), s. 355(b) CC;
- Evade peace officer, s. 320.17 CC;
- Theft under $5,000 (gas drive off), s. 334(b) CC;
- Hit & Run/Fail to stop or remain, s. 320.16(1) CC;
- Possession of property (Santa Fe) obtained by crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Possession of property (F350) obtained by crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (Saturn Ion), s. 355(b) CC;
- Theft over $5,000 (GMC Sierra 2500), s. 333.1(1) CC;
- Possession of stolen property (GMC Sierra) over $5,000 for the purpose of trafficking, s. 355.4 CC;
- Fail to comply with conditions of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
KESHANE made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 2022.