A 22 year-old male is facing a dozen charges, including firearms-related charges after an incident on Sunday, August 21st.
At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 21, 2022, police were dispatched to a firearms offence in the 2900 block of Dewdney Avenue. The original complaint said a male was in a back yard and alley on that block, pointing a firearm at a female. As police officers approached the area, they found a male matching the description of the suspect in an alley in the 1500 block of Retallack Street. Officers gave numerous commands for the male to stop and get on the ground, but the suspect did not obey. A Canine team was used in the arrest of the suspect. In searching the suspect, police found several weapons and a home-made firearm. The suspect was initially taken to hospital for treatment of dog-bite injuries, and then brought to RPS Detention. The male has been charged.
Twenty-two year-old Tristan Rockwell DUBOIS, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- 2 X Possession of a ammunition contrary to prohibition order, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, 92(1) CC;
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- 2 X Carrying a concealed weapon, s. 90 CC;
- 2 X Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
- Point firearm, s. 87 CC; and
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon, s. 91(2) CC.
DUBOIS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, August 22, 2022.