A 29 year old Regina male is facing numerous firearms-related charges after an incident yesterday (Wednesday) in the 700 block of Robinson Street.
Police were dispatched to the 700 block of Robinson Street at about 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2022. The initial information to police was that a male was being chased by another male holding what was described as a sawed-off shotgun. Police obtained a description of the suspect and, in an area search, observed a male matching the description going into a house on the 700 block of Robinson. Police were able to enter the residence and arrested the male suspect without further incident. A search of the suspect’s backpack revealed a 16-gauge, sawed-off shotgun and several shotgun shells. The male was on three separate firearms prohibitions.
Twenty-nine year-old Shiloh Blue KEEWATIN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Pointing a firearm, s. 87 CC;
- Careless use of a firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to public peace, s. 88 CC;
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- 3 X Possession of a firearm (16 gauge shotgun) contrary to prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC; and
- 3 X Possession of a firearm (16 gauge shotgun shells) contrary to prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC.
KEEWATIN made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday (today), August 18, 2022.