The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Thursday, August 18, 2022, in relation to drug trafficking within the City of Regina.
As a result of the enforcement, 36 year-old Remy LOLA of Pickering, Ontario, was arrested in relation to the investigation.
During the arrest, the suspect fled on foot but was apprehended a short time later with the assistance of the RPS Canine Unit. Police located and seized the following items from the suspect:
- approximately 200 grams of fentanyl,
- $2500.00 in currency,
- Multiple pieces of fake identification, and
- Two cellular phones.
At the conclusion of the enforcement, Remy LOLA was charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA;
- Proceeds under $5000 – S.355(b) CC; and
- 2 X Possession of an identity fraud document – S56.1(1) CC.
LOLA made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on August 19, 2022.