A 21 year-old male is facing a total of ten charges after an incident early Sunday morning that involved the discharge of a pellet gun at another person.
On August 7, 2022, at about 12:23 a.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 700 block of Elphinstone Street for a report of a firearms offence. Early information indicated a male (known to the occupants) entered the house and discharged a pellet gun at the head of another male. EMS arrived and transported the victim to hospital, with injuries believed to be non-life-threatening. Police learned that the suspect was known to carry firearms with him at all times. They also confirmed that he was wanted on outstanding warrants and was prohibited from owning or possessing firearms. Further investigation led to a residence on the 800 block of Elphinstone, where the suspect male was arrested without further incident. A search of the residence yielded firearms, ammunition and other weapons. The suspect was subsequently charged and held for court.
Twenty-one year-old Alvin CARR, of Regina, is charged with:
- Discharge Air gun or Pistol with Intent, s. 244.1(a) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(b) CC;
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon (sawed-off .22 calibre) Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(2) CC;
- Possession of a Weapon (sawed-off .22 calibre) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- Possession of a Weapon (air pistol) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- Possession of a Weapon (ammunition) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- Careless Use (storage) of Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- 2 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) CC; and
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Tampered With, s. 108(1)(b) CC.
CARR made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022.