A 25 year-old male faces numerous charges, including firearms charges, after an incident in the early morning hours of Monday August 1, 2022.
At approximately 12:05 a.m. on Monday, August 1, 2022, several police units were dispatched to a residence in the 900 block of McDonald Street after receiving a report of an armed male in the house. Police surrounded the house as one male exited the residence, confirming that there was a male with a gun inside. Police were able to negotiate three more people out of the house: two males and a female. Further investigation revealed one male as the suspect. It is alleged that this male threatened the other male and female, and then discharged a firearm out the door. The suspect male was on three separate firearms prohibitions. Subsequent investigation led to several charges.
Twenty-five year-old Kaj Storm SPARVIER, of Regina, is facing the following charges:
- 2 X Uttering Threats, s. 264.1(1)(a) CC;
- Assault, s. 266 CC;
- 6 X Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited, Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a);
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, 92(1) CC;
- Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations, s. 86(2) CC;
- Discharge a Restricted Firearm or Prohibited Firearm in a Reckless Manner, 244.2(1)(a) CC.
SPARVIER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 2, 2022.