The Regina Police Service, using the resources of Patrol, the Gang Unit and SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), successfully arrested a male, who was the subject of a Canada-wide warrant, yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
Investigators were seeking 31 year-old Collin PRATT, who was unlawfully at large and was the subject of a Canada-wide warrant. Through investigation, police established that PRATT was at a Regina residence on 7th Avenue. Believing the suspect was in possession of a firearm, a request was made to authorize SWAT members to execute a search warrant and aid in the arrest. Shortly after 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, two adults and a child exited the house without incident. Initially both adults were taken into custody; however, only one was charged. The search of the residence produced a sawed-off Remington 12-gauge shotgun, 12-gauge shotgun ammunition and .22 caliber ammunition.
Thirty-one year-old Collin Russell Scott PRATT, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
- Possession of a weapon obtained by commission of an offence, s. 96(1) CC;
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition, s. 95(1)(b) CC;
- Careless use of a firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- Tampering with the serial number of a firearm, s. 108(1)(a) CC;
- 3 X Possession of a firearm contrary to order, s. 117.01(1) CC; and
- 3 X Possession of ammunition contrary to order, s. 117.01(1) CC.
PRATT made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday (today), August 18, 2022.