On Thursday, September 22, 2022, a 17 year-old male youth, wanted on multiple warrants, was identified driving a vehicle. Police lost visual contact, but shortly after, the same vehicle was spotted again by police, this time being driven by a 40 year-old female, who evaded police when attempts were made to pull her over. While police followed, they observed a second vehicle had driven along with the first vehicle for approximately 20 minutes.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., the female was observed exiting the vehicle towards the second vehicle. When police challenged the female, she got into the passenger seat of the second vehicle. The driver attempted to drive away, but the vehicle was immobilized. Both the 40 year-old female and the 17 year-old were removed from the vehicle and arrested. A search of the 17 year-old driver revealed a firearm, and a search of the vehicle revealed multiple rounds of ammunition. Both were charged by police for these events, and the 17 year-old male was also charged with previous offences, including a previous possession of a stolen vehicle and dangerous drive which occurred on Sunday, September 18, 2022.
A seventeen year-old youth, who will not be named in keeping with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- 2 X Possess Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)(a)(ii)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(B)];
- Possession of Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108(1)(B)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 [CC 355(A)]; and
- Dangerous Drive [CC 320.13(1)].
Forty year-old Danielle Elizabeth FINK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Flight from Peace Officer [CC 320.17];
- Possess Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Carry Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Fail to Comply with Prohibition Order [CC 733.1(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon [CC 91(2)];
- Possession of Automobile Master Key [CC 353(1)(b)]; and
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking [CDSA 5(2)].
FINK appeared in Provincial Court today, September 23, 2022, at 9:30 a.m., and the youth appears in Provincial Youth Court, today, September 23, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.