A 37 year-old Regina male is facing charges including Dangerous Driving after an incident – or series of incidents – on Sunday.
Police were first dispatched at about 3:25 p.m. on Sunday, September 18, 2022, for a report of a black truck, driving at a high rate of speed, crashing through a fence on Dixon Crescent. Police were not able to locate the driver or vehicle, but they did obtain a description of the suspect. A short time later, a black Chevrolet 2500 almost struck an unmarked police vehicle in the 1200 block of Bond Street. The vehicle sped away from that scene. Over the next few hours, several reports came in describing the same vehicle and same aggressive driving actions. Plainclothes officers attempted to keep the vehicle under observation, but it was seen driving in excess of 100 km/h and disobeying traffic signals. The truck collided with two parked vehicles on Langley Street and the driver fled the vehicle on foot. He was apprehended by police a short time later.
Thirty-seven year-old Christopher Derek SHORE, of Regina, is charged with:
– 2 X Failure to stop after accident, s. 320.16(1) CC;
– Operate conveyance in manner dangerous to public, s. 320.13(1) CC;
– Breach of probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
– Possession of property (vehicle) obtained by crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC; and
– Impaired operation of conveyance, s. 320.14(1)(a) CC.
SHORE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday (today), September 19, 2022.