A 20 year-old male is facing numerous weapons charges after an incident involving an improvised firearm, also known as a slam gun.
On Tuesday, September 13, 2022, at about 2:05 p.m., the Regina Police Service received a call indicating a male had just pointed a firearm at another male, behind a residence in the 900 block of Robinson Street. The caller was able to give a description of the suspect male, as well as the firearm. Several police units responded and located a male matching the suspect description in an alley in the 1100 block of Rae Street. The male was arrested for a firearms offence and further investigation led to discovery of a slam gun (a home-made firearm), some rounds of .22 calibre ammunition, and other evidence to support several charges.
Twenty year-old Austin Grant PEEPEETCH, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Possession of a ammunition contrary to prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Breach of probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
- Pointing a firearm, s. 87 CC;
- Possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to public peace, s. 88 CC;
- Assault with a weapon, s. 267(a) CC; and
- Carrying a concealed weapon, s. 90 CC.
PEEPEETCH made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday (today), September 14, 2022.