Two males are facing weapons charges, which include charges for possession of explosives, after an incident yesterday at a Regina business.
Police were dispatched at about 7:50 a.m. on Monday, September 19, 2022, to a business in the 21 block of Broad Street. The complainant indicated a male had been trying to steal items from the business and was told to leave the premises. At that point, it’s alleged the male showed a knife and then left, joining a second male in the alley. Police arrived and detained the two individuals; it was found one male was wanted on warrants and was also on several conditions. The second male also had conditions prohibiting him from possessing firearms or ammunition. A search of one male yielded a small hatchet, knife and two improvised incendiary devices. The other male had knives and ammunition on his person. Both males were charged.
Twenty-six year-old Danton BITTERNOSE, of the Lestock district, is charged with:
- Breach of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC;
- Possession of break-in instruments, s. 351(1) CC;
- Unlawful possession of explosives, s. 82(1) CC; and
- Possession of explosive substance contrary to prohibition order, s. 117.01(1) CC.
BITTERNOSE made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday (today), September 20, 2022.
Twenty year-old Ethan FIDDLER, of Regina is charged with:
- Carry concealed weapon, s. 90 CC; and
- 2 X Possession of ammunition contrary to prohibition order, s. 117.01(1) CC.
FIDDLER was released on an undertaking to appear in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on November 7, 2022.