The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation and enforcement action on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, in relation to illegal drug trafficking within the City of Regina and surrounding area.
The RDU, with the assistance of the Crime Reduction Team and the RPS Patrol members, completed a vehicle stop on Highway 11, the night of September 14, 2022, resulting in the arrest of the lone occupant.
As a result of the enforcement, 47 year-old Christopher James KARPIAK of Lacombe, Alberta, was arrested in relation to the investigation.
The following controlled substances were seized during the enforcement:
• Over 1050 grams of fentanyl
• Over 1500 grams of cocaine.
• Over 4000 grams of methamphetamine.
As a result of the enforcement, KARPIAK was charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Fentanyl – S.5(2) CDSA
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Cocaine – S.5(2) CDSA
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking Methamphetamine – S.5(2) CDSA
KARPIAK made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m., on Thursday, September 15, 2022.