A 29 year-old Regina female is facing firearms charges after an incident on Saturday, October 8, 2022.
At approximately 10:19 p.m., on Saturday, October 8th, police located a 30 year-old male who was wanted on a warrant for breaking and entering. This individual was in a truck parked in the 800 block of Victoria Avenue, but when police approached, he evaded police in the truck. Officers did locate the vehicle a few blocks away, but the driver had fled on foot and was not located. A female, who was a passenger in the truck, was detained as part of the investigation into the evade. Through this investigation, police learned there was a loaded 9mm. handgun in the female’s purse. She was placed under arrest and charged in connection with the possession of the handgun. The male is still unlawfully at large and wanted on warrants.
Twenty-nine year-old Ann Margaret ANASKAN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Carrying a concealed weapon (9mm handgun), s. 90 CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime, s. 96(1) CC;
- Careless use of a firearm, s. 86(1) CC; and
- Fail to comply with conditions of release order, s. 145(5)(a) CC.
ANASKAN made her first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 11, 2022.